The Only Chicken Breasts You Should Be Eating Are Stuffed With Dip
Bland chicken breasts? Not when they're breaded, fried, and stuffed with the world's best party dip.
Spinach Dip Chicken Bombs
1 Tbsp. olive oil
5 ounces baby spinach
Salt and pepper
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 large eggs, beaten
2 cups panko bread crumbs
¼ cup canola oil, for frying
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach, season liberally with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cooked spinach, cream cheese, mozzarella, and garlic powder, and stir to combine.
3. Slice chicken breasts in half crosswise. Cut a slit into the center of each half to make a pocket. Take a heaping spoonful of the spinach dip and pack it into the pocket. Pinch the edges of the chicken closed.
4. Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls. Take 1 piece of stuffed chicken and roll it in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip the floured chicken in the eggs, then dredge in the bread crumbs, making sure to coat all sides evenly. Repeat to bread the remaining chicken.
5. Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken until the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and drain. Serve!
Recipe by Alvin Zhou