34 Ways To Waste Less Food
Every year, Americans throw away $165 billion of food. Happy Earth Day. Let's do better.
1. Only buy what you need.
2. Shop more often.
3. Make a grocery list.
4. Oh, don't worry, there's an app for that.
5. Make frozen fruit and vegetables your new best friend.
6. Watch out for the Bulk Trap.
7. Skip the Keurig.
8. Buy organic milk instead of regular: It lasts a whole lot longer.
9. Know what needs to go in the fridge and what should be left on the counter.
10. Reorganize your fridge on the reg.
11. Don't mix fruits and vegetables.
12. Remember: One bad apple can ruin the whole bunch.
13. Break your bananas apart and increase their counter life.
14. Make your scallions last longer by keeping them in a jar of water in the fridge.
Simply remove the rubber band they came in, add about an inch or two of water to a jar, stand the scallions up in it, cover with a plastic bag and stick it in the fridge. Now they'll stay crisp for a week.