1. If you're making a baked pasta dish, soak your pasta instead of parboiling it...
2. But if you're not baking your pasta, up the soaking time to one and a half hours...
3. Or ditch boiling altogether and cook your pasta right in its sauce.
4. Cook pasta in the microwave for an instant, dorm-friendly dinner...
5. And take it to the next level by adding milk and shredded cheddar.
6. Be like Alton Brown and cook your pasta in a bit of cold water.
7. To save even more time, ditch the deep pot for a shallow pan.
8. Freeze cooked pasta in individual portions for quick and easy weeknight dinners.
9. Cook it in a slow cooker for an effortless pasta night.
10. Boil it in a pressure cooker to cut the cooking time in half.
11. Cook your pasta like risotto for a quick one-pan dinner.
Cooking small pastas such as ditalini or orzo in place of arborio rice makes for a quick and easy take on risotto without the endless stirring. Get the recipe for pasta risotto with herb roasted chickpeas here.