18-Inches Long Ham And Cheese Swirl Croissant
The ultimate savory pastry filled with ham and cheese, this 18-inch-long croissant swirl is perfect for any brunch or breakfast spread. Its flaky and buttery layers make for a delectable treat that will have your taste buds dancing.
for 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 16 slices swiss cheese
- 7 slices ham
- Calories 1106
- Fat 77g
- Carbs 88g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface. Flour a rolling pin and roll out each puff pastry sheet to flatten the seams. Lay the sheets 2 by 2.
- Make a diagonal cut across the 2 bottom sheets of puff pastry from the lower right corner to the midpoint on the left side of the lower left sheet.
- Make another diagonal cut across the 2 top sheets of puff pastry from the upper right corner to the midpoint on the left side of the upper left sheet.
- Holding the bottom pieces together, rotate clockwise 180˚ and up, so that the left side of the bottom strip meets the left side of the lower middle strip.
- Holding the top pieces together, rotate counterclockwise 180˚ and down, so that the left side of the top strip meets the left side of the up middle strip.
- Seal the seams by brushing a bit of egg wash where the pieces of pastry meet, overlapping the pieces slightly, and pressing together.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cheese slices in a single layer across the lower portion of the triangle. Top with a single layer of ham slices.
- Roll up the puff pastry from the base of the triangle to the top point.
- Place the croissant on the prepared baking sheet and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the croissant from the oven, take off the foil, and brush the croissant with egg wash.
- Bake for another 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the croissant is golden brown.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, then slice and serve.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.