95% would make again
featured in Time To Cook: Pizza
for 2 pizzas
- 3 cups bread flour (375 g)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- 1 can crushed tomato
- 1 ball mozzarella cheese, torn
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- flaky sea salt, to taste
- Calories 1651
- Fat 63g
- Carbs 190g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 83g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine the flour, sugar, salt, instant yeast. Start mixing on low speed. Stream in the olive oil and water and mix for 2 minutes, until the flour is incorporated.
- Increase speed to medium, and mix for 6–8 minutes more, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with olive oil. Transfer the dough to the bowl, cover with a kitchen towel, and let rest for 1½ hours.
- Turn the risen dough onto a clean surface and shape into a ball, pulling the edges round and tight across the surface of the dough ball. Return to the bowl, cover, and let rest for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Drizzle the surface with oil and turn out the dough. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Liberally grease a baking sheet with olive oil. Place a portion of dough on the pan and stretch to fit the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining portion of dough, or reserve for a later use.
- Top the dough with the crushed tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Bake the pizza for 15–20 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top the pizza with flaky salt and basil.
- Use scissors to cut, then serve.