3-Ingredient Nut Crackers
The best things in life are simple. These 3 ingredient nut crackers are a simple way to bring joy to your holidays.
for 32 crackers
- 1 cup raw almonds (140 g), plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1 cup raw pepitas (120 g), plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water, plus more for spritzing
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Calories 62
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 1g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a food processor, grind 1 cup (140 g) of almonds into a coarse flour, about 1 minute. Transfer the almond flour from the processor to a medium bowl. Repeat with 1 cup (120 g) of pepitas. Transfer the pepita flour to the bowl with the almond flour.
- To the bowl with the almond and pepita flours, add the egg, water, 1 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper. Stir with a spatula to combine.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a work surface, and set a portion of dough in the center. Top with a second sheet of parchment, and use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 7 x 11-inch rectangle about ⅛-inch thick. Remove the top sheet of parchment. Using a bench scraper, cut the dough into 12 2-inch squares. Trim the outer edges to make clean lines, then add the trimmings to the remaining dough portion. Transfer the crackers on the parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Roll out the remaining dough on a clean piece of parchment to a larger 9 x 11-inch (23 x 28 cm) rectangle about ⅛-inch (3mm) thick. Cut the dough into 20 2-inch (5 cm) squares. Trim the edges and discard any remaining dough. Transfer the crackers to another baking sheet.
- Finely chop the remaining tablespoon of almonds and tablespoon of pepitas.
- Spritz the crackers lightly with water, then evenly sprinkle the chopped almonds and pepitas on top. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Bake the crackers for 13–15 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp along the edges. The crackers will continue to crisp as they cool. Leftover crackers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.