91% would make again
featured in 3-Minute Vs. 30-Minute Vs. 3-Hour Burger
for 4 servings
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g), 80/20
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 slices american cheese
- 4 hawaiian rolls
- ¼ cup pickle chip (10 g), for serving
- ketchup, for serving
- mustard, for serving
- chip, for serving
- Calories 467
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a cutting board, divide the ground beef into 4 4-ounce portions and roll into balls. Generously season the tops of each ball with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet over high heat until nearly smoking. Place the 4 beef balls, seasoned-side down, in the pan and press down with 2 spatulas to flatten into a thin patty. Season with more salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until browned.
- Use a spatula to flip the burger over. Place a slice of cheese on each burger and cook for another minute, until the burgers are cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Place the burgers on the Hawaiian buns and top with pickle chips, ketchup, and mustard. Serve with chips.