97% would make again
featured in 3-Minute Vs. 30-Minute Vs. 3-Hour Burger
for 4 servings
Pickled Red Onions
- 1 ½ cups water (360 mL)
- 1 ½ cups apple cider vinegar (360 mL)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Thousand Island Dressing
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (185 g)
- ¼ cup ketchup (60 g)
- 2 tablespoons pickle, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 lb ground beef (910 g), 80/20
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 sesame buns
- 1 tomato, sliced, for serving
- 4 leaves bibb lettuce, for serving
- french fry, for serving
- Calories 1247
- Fat 79g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 71g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the pickled red onions: In a small pot, combine the water, apple cider vinegar, salt, sugar, peppercorns, and coriander seeds, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn off the heat and add the sliced onion, making sure they are fully submerged. Let cool to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Make the Thousand Island Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles, garlic, and vinegar.
- In a large bowl, season the ground beef generously with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix until evenly combined.
- Divide the beef into 4 8-ounce portions and form into patties. Place on a cutting board. Use your thumb to press a divot into the center of each burger.
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat until nearly smoking. Add the burger patties and cook for 3-4 minutes, without disturbing, until browned.
- Use a spatula to flip the burgers over and place a slice of cheddar on each one. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the burgers are cooked through and cheese has melted.
- Place on sesame buns and top with the pickled red onions, Thousand Island Dressing, tomato, and lettuce. Serve with French fries.