92% would make again
4 Ingredient Berries & Cream Hand Pies
featured in 6 Heavenly Fruit-Filled Pastries
June 10, 2019
for 6 hand pies
- ⅓ cup berry jam (110 g)
- 8 oz cream cheese (325 g), softened
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water, plus extra for crimping
- Calories 469
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the pie crust on a cutting board, and cut out circle shapes using the top of a coffee cup. Collect scrap pieces, and roll out again to stamp out more shapes, making 12-14 circles total.
- Fill half the circles with a tablespoon of the cream cheese, followed by a heaping teaspoon of jam.
- Using your finger, lightly wet the edges of the cut rounds with water.
- Cover the tops with the remaining circles, pressing the two dough halves together. Crimp edges with a fork to seal.
- In a bowl, beat the egg with water. Brush the tops of the pies with the egg wash.
- Use a small, sharp knife to cut a ventilation hole, or slit into the top of the pies.
- Arrange the pies on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before serving.