77% would make again
5-Ingredient Copycat Nutter Butter Cookies
Your favorite childhood cookie just got a 5-ingredient makeover with silky smooth peanut butter frosting sandwiched between crunchy peanut butter cookies. The best part? They come together in less than 30 minutes. This recipe also works great with almond butter.
for 10 cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (245 g)
- ⅔ cup maple syrup (224 g)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (125 g)
Peanut Butter Frosting
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (120 g)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar (110 g)
- water, as needed
- Calories 438
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 50g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 30g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or use a nonstick pan).
- Make the cookies: In a large bowl, beat together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and flour with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Roll the dough into ½-inch (1 ¼ cm) balls. Arrange the balls on the prepared baking sheet, placing 2 balls side-by-side for each cookie. Use a fork to create a criss-cross pattern on top of the cookies to create peanut shapes.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, or until edges are starting to turn golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting: In a large bowl, whip the peanut butter and butter with an electric hand mixer until combined. Add the powdered sugar and beat until combined. Add a bit of water as needed to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Spread a little bit of the frosting on the underside of 1 of the cookie, then sandwich with another cookie. Repeat with the remaining cookies and frosting.