Air Fryer Apple Fritters With Cider Glaze
Enjoy this classic fall treat without the hassle of deep frying. The secret to getting that crispy exterior and soft interior is adding a little cornstarch to the batter. After they come out of the air fryer, drizzle the fritters with a delicious apple cider glaze. They are best eaten immediately!
for 10 fritters
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour (185 g)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup brown sugar (100 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup whole milk (120 mL)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups honeycrisp apple (240 g), peeled, cored, and diced into 1/4 in (6 mm) pieces
- 2 cups powdered sugar (220 g)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- air fryer
- Calories 239
- Fat 1g
- Carbs 53g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 39g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, brown sugar, baking powder, 1½ teaspoons cinnamon, and the salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until smooth. Fold in the diced apples.
- Place a parchment paper round (or square) in the bottom of the air fryer.
- Dollop about ¼ cup of batter onto the lined air fryer basket. Add more batter to fill the basket, but do not overcrowd. Spray the tops of the fritters with nonstick spray. Fry for 6 minutes, then flip, spritz with nonstick spray again, and cook for 4 minutes more, until crispy. Remove from the air fryer and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Make the glaze: Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons of apple cider. Stir until smooth, adding more apple cider to reach your desired consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the hot fritters and serve immediately.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.