Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
This recipe for coconut shrimp is great for any occasion! It has all the classic flavors you love, air fried to crunchy perfection.
for 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Paprika
- 1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp (425 g), shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- ½ cup all purpose flour (60 g)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (125 g)
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs (35 g)
- coconut oil spray, for greasing
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce (115 g), for serving (optional)
- Calories 493
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 54g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 25g
- Protein 31g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, paprika, salt, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Place the shrimp on a cutting board and pat dry on both sides with a paper towel. Season on both sides with the spice blend.
- Add the flour, eggs, and coconut flakes to 3 separate shallow bowls. Add the panko to the bowl with the coconut flakes and mix to combine.
- Dredge the shrimp in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip the floured shrimp in the eggs, then in the panko-coconut mixture. Transfer the breaded shrimp to a clean cutting board or baking sheet.
- Liberally spray the shrimp on both sides with the coconut oil spray.
- Set the air fryer to 360˚F (182°C).
- Working in batches, place the shrimp into the basket of the air fryer, being careful not to overcrowd the basket. Cook the shrimp for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and crispy on the outside and the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C). Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the shrimp and season with salt to taste.
- Serve the shrimp immediately with sweet chili sauce or the sauce of your choice, for dipping.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.