Aladdin-Inspired Magic Carpet Pizza
Take your taste buds on a magic carpet ride with this colorful, veggie-packed pizza. Topped with hummus, eggplant, yellow bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, herbs, and yogurt-tahini sauce, this pizza welcomes you to a whole new world of flavors and fun.
for 6 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 canned pizza dough
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 japanese eggplants, cut into 1 (2.54cm) in
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons Za’atar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup hummus (240 g)
- ¾ cup cherry tomato (150 g), halved
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nut
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley leaves (15 g)
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaf (15 g), torn
- Calories 445
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 66g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto the prepared baking sheet. If needed, gently stretch the dough out to a roughly 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Gently roll about ½ inch of the dough around the edges inward to create a crust. Twist the corners to resemble the bent tassels of a magic carpet. Use a fork to prick holes all over the center of the crust. Brush the crust and “tassels” with the beaten egg.
- Bake the crust for 15–18 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 425°F(220°C).
- On a separate baking sheet, toss the eggplant and yellow bell peppers with the olive oil, za’atar, cumin, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon salt until well coated. Roast for 12–15 minutes, until the eggplant is beginning to soften and the bell pepper is tender, but not mushy.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, and remaining ¾ teaspoon salt. If the sauce is too thick, add 2–3 teaspoons of water, a little at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Spread the hummus evenly across the pizza crust, staying inside the rolled edges. Arrange the roasted eggplant and bell peppers and the tomatoes on top. Drizzle with the yogurt-tahini sauce, then top with the pine nuts, parsley, and mint.
- Serve immediately.
- RECIPE BY: Karlee Rotoly
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.