88% would make again
Anti-Inflammatory Golden Milk
featured in Eat Indian-Inspired Food For An Entire Day
Rumor has it a serving of this golden milk in the evening will lull you into a restful sleep. It’s made with turmeric, ginger, peppercorns, and cinnamon, meaning it’s also packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents. Whether it helps you sleep or not, it’ll be a creamy, soothing bedtime snack for you to cradle as you relax in your pajamas.
for 2 servings
- 2 cups almond milk (480 mL), or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1 pinch whole clove
- 1 teaspoon agave, or sweetener of your choice, optional
- Calories 64
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the almond milk to a small pot over medium heat.
- Add the turmeric, ginger, peppercorns, cinnamon stick, star anise, and cloves. Whisk to combine.
- Heat the milk for 4-5 minutes, until steaming, but do not let it come to a boil.
- Serve warm or over ice and sweeten to taste.