91% would make again
Anything-You-Got Curry Soup
June 10, 2019
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 cups chopped Yukon Gold potatoes (450 g)
- 28 oz coconut milk (840 mL)
- 1 cup fresh vegetables (150 g), of choice, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, of choice, for garnish
- Calories 574
- Fat 38g
- Carbs 54g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for about 3 minutes, until the onions begin to soften and become aromatic.
- Add the brown sugar, turmeric, and curry paste and stir to coat the aromatics. Cook until the mixture is fragrant and begins to simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and coconut milk. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with whatever vegetables and herbs you have on hand.