97% would make again
featured in Homemade Apple Cider And Apple Cider Cupcakes
for 10 servings
- 12 gala apples, or fuji apples, cored and cubed
- 2 green apples, cored and cubed
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 ginger, thumb sized, peeled
- 2 teaspoons whole clove
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 8 cups water (1.9 L)
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 257
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 68g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 51g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place the apples, cinnamon sticks, ginger, cloves, and salt in an 8-quart (7.5-liters) slow cooker. Pour the water over the apples.
- Cover and cook on high for at least 8 hours, or overnight (up to 24 hours).
- Remove the solids from the cider, pressing the pulp to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Whisk in the brown sugar until dissolved.
- Serve hot, or store in the refrigerator to serve later. Reheat before serving.