91% would make again
Apple Fritter Stuffed Pull-Apart Bread
featured in Savory Pull-Apart Bread Recipes
Inspired by hostthetoast.com
for 8 servings
- 4 granny smith apples, diced
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (220 g)
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (170 g), melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cans biscuit dough
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar (180 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk, or milk alternative
- Calories 912
- Fat 40g
- Carbs 131g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 62g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a bundt pan.
- Combine apples, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and cornstarch in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until apples have browned and softened and sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes. Drain excess sauce into a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Cut each biscuit in half and flatten into rounds.
- Stuff each round with a tablespoon of apples.
- Close the round together by pinching at the seam and roll into ball using your hands.
- Layer half of the balls in the pan and spoon half of the reserved sauce on top. Repeat with remaining balls and sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover with foil and bake for additional 10-15 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk, until you reach a smooth consistency. Drizzle over bread.
- Removing bread from the pan and drizzle with icing.