92% would make again
Apple Pie Dumplings
featured in 4 Pie Crust Desserts
Inspired by momontimeout.com
for 14 servings
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature
- egg wash
- sparkling sugar
- caramel sauce, to serve
- Calories 152
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl, combine apple wedges and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Sprinkle over apple wedges and toss until fully coated.
- Lightly flour a work surface and unroll the pie crusts. Using a round 4-inch (10 cm) cookie cutter, cut out discs. Arrange discs on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place an apple wedge on one half of each disc. Using a round piping tip, cut circles into the other half. Lightly moisten the edges with water with your finger. Fold over and seal. Crimp edges with a fork.
- Brush the tops of shaped dumplings with egg wash and sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden in color.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with caramel dipping sauce.