95% would make again
Apple Pie Egg Rolls
featured in Apple Pie 25 Ways
Warm homemade apple pie filling fried in crispy egg roll wrappers? This quick and easy dessert is apple pie at your fingertips! Serve them with caramel sauce for an extra sweet finale.
for 12 egg rolls
- 4 cups canola oil (960 mL)
- 3 tart apples, such as Honeycrisp or Granny Smith, peeled and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (65 g)
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 refrigerated egg roll wrappers
- water, for brushing
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (30 g), for dusting
- ½ cup caramel sauce (165 g), for dipping
- Calories 742
- Fat 71g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat until it reaches 350°F (180°C). Place a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet and set nearby.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt and toss until well combined. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place an egg roll wrapper with the corners pointing up and down, like a diamond, on a clean surface. Add 2 tablespoons of the apple filling to the center. Brush the edges of the wrapper with water. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling, tuck in the sides, then roll to seal. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Working in batches, fry the egg rolls in the hot oil, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer to the wire rack and let cool slightly.
- Dust the egg rolls with the powdered sugar, then transfer to a platter. Serve with the caramel sauce for dipping.