Apple Pie Muffins
Who says you can't have your pie and eat it too? These muffins are bursting with warm apple flavor, and the cinnamon crumb topping adds the perfect amount of sweetness. They're a delicious breakfast treat that will have you feeling like you're indulging in dessert.
for 12 servings
- 1 teaspoon butter, for greasing
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour (310 g)
- 1 red apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar (330 g)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup applesauce (130 g)
- ½ cup plain yogurt (120 g)
- 1 cup apple juice (240 mL)
- ½ cup all purpose flour (60 g)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (110 g)
- 4 oz unsalted butter (115 g)
- ¼ cup rolled oats (20 g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar (120 g)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Calories 340
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 61g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 34g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter.
- Make the muffin batter: In a large bowl, combine the flour, apple, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, vanilla, egg, applesauce, plain yogurt, and apple juice. Whisk until well combined.
- Make the topping: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter, oats, and cinnamon. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Divide the muffin batter between the cups of the muffin tin. Top each muffin with 1 tablespoon of the crumble topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a muffin.
- Make the glaze: In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the lemon glaze on top of the muffins.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.