Apple Slab Pie
featured in 18 Tasty Pie Recipes
This rustic pie features a buttery and flaky crust filled with tart apples, cinnamon, and sugar. It's perfect for feeding a crowd or for dessert all week long.
May 04, 2023
94% would make again
for 12 servings
- 5 cups granny smith apples (625 g), about 8 medium size apples, chopped
- ¾ cup sugar (150 g)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 salt, pinch
- orange zest, to taste
- 4 refrigerated pie crusts, 8-inch (20 cm) pie crust
- Calories 368
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200˚C).
- Peel, core, and cut apples into ½-inch (1 ¼ cm) chunks.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and orange zest. Set aside.
- On parchment paper, stack 2 pie crusts on top of each other. Roll out to 17 inches by 12 inches (43 cm by 30 cm). Cut diagonally into ¾-inch (2 cm) strips.
- Roll out another 2 pie crusts. Place on a 15 x 10 x 1 inch ( 38 x 26 x 3 cm) baking sheet.
- Spread out apple mixture into the crust, then form a lattice top with the pie crust strips. Tuck the crust inward around the edges, and bake for 35-40 minutes at 400°F (200˚C).
- Serve warm with ice cream.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.