96% would make again
Aunt Gussie’s Pound Cake
featured in 5 Delectable Dessert Recipes
for 8 servings
- 1 cup unsalted butter (230 g), 2 sticks
- 2 ¾ cups sugar (550 g)
- ½ cup shortening (100 g)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk (240 mL)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour (375 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- fresh berry, for serving
- Calories 760
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 77g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 37g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and shortening together with a hand mixer.
- Mix the eggs, one at a time, into the batter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, lemon extract, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternately add the dry and wet ingredients into the batter.
- Pour the batter equally into two greased and lightly floured loaf pans.
- Bake in a non-preheated oven set to 350°F (180°C) for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and berries.