Baby Bok Choy Kimchi
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 4 servings
- 3 baby bok choys, (approximately 1.25 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons salt, separated and 1 teaspoon (Seperated)
- ⅓ cup rice (65 g), cooked
- ⅓ cup water (65 mL)
- 2 scallions, chopped in 2-inch (5 cm) lengths
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons gochugaru
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons sugar (500 g)
- Calories 70
- Fat 1g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Rinse and cut the baby bok choy into fourths. Place bok choy in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle 2 tsp salt. Toss to evenly coat. Wait 30 minutes, then rinse and drain the bok choy. Return to the mixing bowl.
- In a small blender, blend together the rice and water until it forms a smooth paste. Pour over the bok choy and mix together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue mixing gently, making sure all the ingredients get mixed thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container and let sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours to help flavors meld together. Eat.