Back-To-School Snack Board
If you’re feeling “extra,” serve up this super fun snack board for your kids. From fruit kebabs and DIY Uncrustables to turkey and cheese pinwheels and cucumber hummus boats, this has “afternoon pick me up'' written all over it. We hope it makes doing homework a little easier, too.
for 8 servings
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 3 Mandarin orange slices, peeled and segments separated
- 3 large kiwis, peeled and cut into half moons
- 1 bunch red seedless grapes
- 4 spinach tortillas
- 8 teaspoons honey mustard
- 8 slices roasted turkey
- 12 slices american cheese
- 16 leaves green leaf lettuce
AB & J Sandwiches
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 4 tablespoons strawberry preserves
Pimiento Cheese Dip
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz diced pimientos, drained
- ¼ cup cream cheese (55 g), softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (60 g)
- 2 dashes hot sauce, optional
Cucumber Hummus Boats
- 4 Persian cucumbers
- ½ cup hummus (120 g)
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- trail mix
- Fish-shaped cheese cracker
- Pretzel twist
- kettle corn
- butter cracker
- 12 wooden skewers
- 4-inch round cutter
- 18-inch board
- Calories 512
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 77g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 44g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the fruit kebabs: Thread the pineapple, orange segments, kiwi, and grapes onto 12 6-inch skewers, alternating between fruits. Store the kebabs in an airtight container or zip-top bag in the refrigerator until ready to serve, up to 2 days.
- Make the pinwheels: Spread 2 teaspoons of honey mustard evenly over each tortilla, then layer 2 slices of turkey, 3 slices of American cheese, and 4 lettuce leaves on top. Fold in the sides of each tortilla, then roll into a tight log. Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve, up to 3 days. Just before serving, slice each log crosswise into 8 pinwheels.
- Make the AB & J sandwiches: Spread 1 tablespoon of almond butter on the centers of 4 slices of bread. Spread 1 tablespoon of preserves on the centers of the remaining 4 slices of bread. Sandwich the almond butter and preserves slices together. Using a 4-inch round cutter, press firmly to cut out the centers of each sandwich and discard the crusts. Using a 4-inch sandwich crimper, press down firmly to seal the edges of the sandwich together. Alternatively, using your fingers, press the edges of the sandwiches together to seal, then use a fork to crimp the edges. Store the sandwiches in an airtight container or zip-top bag in the refrigerator until ready to serve, up to 2 days.
- Make the pimiento cheese dip: Finely grate the cheddar cheese on the small holes of a box grater, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the pimientos, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and hot sauce, if using, and stir with a rubber spatula until well incorporated and creamy. Store the dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve, up to 5 days. Transfer to a serving bowl before assembling the board.
- Make the cucumber hummus boats: Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop the seeds out of each half. Fill each cucumber boat with 1 tablespoon of hummus, smoothing with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with paprika.
- When ready to assemble, add the pimiento cheese dip, trail mix, and fish-shaped cheese crackers to small serving bowls. Place on a large board or platter, then surround with the fruit kebabs, AB & J sandwiches, pinwheels, cucumber boats, pretzels, kettle corn, and butter crackers.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.