Bacon And Egg Fried Rice
Bacon and Egg Fried Rice is the ultimate comfort food with a twist! This savory dish combines crispy bacon, fluffy eggs, and perfectly seasoned rice for a meal that's both satisfying and scrumptious.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 3 large eggs
- kosher salt, to taste
- 8 oz bacon (225 g)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 cups cooked rice (1 kg)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- Calories 444
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 10g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs well. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Cut the bacon into 1-inch (2 ½-cm) pieces and finely dice the onion.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add beaten eggs and gently scramble; when they are almost done, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the bacon to the wok and cook until crisp and the fat has rendered. Remove the bacon from the pan and add to the bowl with the eggs, leaving the rendered fat behind in the pan.
- Add the onion to the bacon fat in the wok and stir-fry until translucent. Add the rice and stir-fry for 2–5 minutes, using a spatula to break up any clumps, until starting to crisp. Season with salt and black pepper, then add the sugar and soy sauce. Stir for another minute or so, until the rice is steaming and warmed through.
- Stir in the bacon and scrambled eggs until incorporated.
- Garnish the fried rice with scallions and serve warm.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.