97% would make again
Bacon, Avocado, & Brussels Sprout Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette
featured in Healthier Holiday Sides
for 4 servings
- 20 brussels sprouts, shaved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 6 green onions, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach (40 g)
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and cut into 1/2 inch (1 cm) pieces
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese (35 g)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (30 g)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds (35 g)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Calories 324
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Slice the stems off the Brussels sprouts and cut each one in half, then thinly slice. Transfer the shaved sprouts to a medium bowl and break apart with your hands.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, juice the lemons into a small bowl and remove the seeds.
- Add the mustard, oregano, pepper, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add the olive oil while continuing to whisk until evenly blended.
- Slice the avocado and remove the pit, then dice.
- Trim the ends of the scallions, then dice.
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts and spinach.
- Add the avocado, bacon, scallions, Parmesan cheese, cranberries, and almonds.
- Pour the dressing evenly over the salad.
- Toss thoroughly until well mixed.