94% would make again
Bacon Green Bean Twists
featured in Romantic Chicken Dinner for Two
Twist up your side dish game with these Bacon Green Bean Twists that are equal parts fun and delicious. This playful recipe combines the savory flavors of bacon and green beans for a unique and scrumptious addition to any meal.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- ½ lb bacon (225 g)
- ½ lb green beans (225 g), trimmed
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 1288
- Fat 90g
- Carbs 66g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 53g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Cut one sheet of puff pastry into long ½ inch (1 ¼ cm) wide strips and set aside.
- Cut strips of bacon in half lengthwise and set aside.
- Take a trimmed green bean and carefully wrap it with bacon and the puff pastry to completely cover the bean.
- Place the tightly wrapped beans on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Brush the wrapped beans with the egg wash, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Serve the twists warm or at room temperature.