93% would make again
Bacon Green Bean Twists
featured in Romantic Chicken Dinner for Two
for 2 servings
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- ½ lb bacon (225 g)
- ½ lb green beans (225 g), trimmed
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 1288
- Fat 90g
- Carbs 66g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 53g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Cut one sheet of puff pastry into long ½ inch (1 ¼ cm) wide strips and set aside.
- Cut strips of bacon in half lengthwise and set aside.
- Take a trimmed green bean and carefully wrap it with bacon and the puff pastry to completely cover the bean.
- Place the tightly wrapped beans on a parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Brush the wrapped beans with the egg wash, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Serve the twists warm or at room temperature.