98% would make again
Bacon-Wrapped Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
featured in 5 Scrumptious Pulled Pork Recipes
Inspired by happymoneysaver.com
for 8 servings
- 3 lb boneless pork shoulder (1 kg)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon liquid smoke
- 8 strips bacon
- ½ cup mayonnaise (120 g)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage (200 g)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (200 g)
- 1 cup shredded carrot (110 g)
- Calories 662
- Fat 47g
- Carbs 10g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 49g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Quarter pork to portion into approximately ½-pound (225 gram) pieces. This will cut down cooking time.
- Place pork into a large bowl. Add salt, garlic powder, and liquid smoke, and mix until each piece of pork is evenly covered.
- Wrap each pork with 2 strips of bacon.
- Place pork into the slow cooker and cook for 6 hours on low.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- In a large bowl, add the vegetables and pour over the dressing and mix until the slaw is fully coated.
- Take pork out onto a baking sheet. With 2 forks, pull apart the meat into desired size.
- Broil on high for a few minutes to until the ends of the pork start to crisp up.
- Serve on a bun with slaw.