97% would make again
Baked Chicken Parmesan
featured in Healthy Chicken Parmesan Dinner For 2
for 2 servings
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 jar marinara sauce, heated
- whole wheat pasta
- fresh basil, for garnish
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs (25 g)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Calories 791
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 84g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (215°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the panko, parmesan cheese, basil, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Beat the 2 eggs in a shallow dish. Dredge the chicken in the egg wash, then coat with the bread crumb mixture.
- Transfer the breaded chicken breasts to a greased roasting pan. Top the chicken with 2 small slices of mozzarella.
- Bake for 20-25 min, until the cheese and bread crumbs have turned golden brown and the chicken is cooked through, or until it has reached an internal temperature of 165°F (73°C).
- Serve with whole wheat spaghetti, marinara sauce, and a sprinkle of fresh basil.