for 6 servings
- 6 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers (230 g), drained, sliced in strips
- 1 cup Mezzetta® Pitted Castelvetrano Italian Olives (230 g), drained and halved
- 1 cup yellow squash (125 g), or zucchini, or potatoes, sliced in ¼-inch (6 mm) thick half moons
- 1 can tomato, diced
- ½ cup dry white wine (120 mL), (or chicken stock)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaf, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Calories 350
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 10g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 33g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Season the chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is very hot, add the olive oil and tilt to coat the pan. Add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook without disturbing for 5–7 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and golden brown. Flip the chicken and cook for another 3 minutes, until lightly browned on the other side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, then add the onion and garlic to the pan and sauté, stirring frequently, for 2–3 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Add the Mezzetta® Roasted Red Bell Peppers, Mezzetta® Pitted Castelvetrano Italian Olives, and yellow squash, then cook for 1 minute, stirring to combine.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and white wine, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until tomatoes start to break down and the mixture begins to reduce slightly.
- Fold in the butter, then add the chopped thyme and red pepper flakes, if using, and season with salt and pepper.
- Nestle the chicken thighs into the sauce, skin-side up, leaving some of the skin exposed.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30–40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and easily pulls away from the bone. Cover the pan loosely with foil if the skin starts to get too dark.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes, then garnish with the parsley and serve.