90% would make again
Baked Oatmeal Cups
October 28, 2019
for 12 cups
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 ½ cups milk (360 mL)
- ½ cup applesauce (125 g)
- ¼ cup nut or sunflower butter (60 g)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (55 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (300 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- topping of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Add the milk, applesauce, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and eggs to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir quickly to make sure everything is well-hydrated.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups, then add your toppings of choice. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until the centers of the muffins spring back when gently pressed.
- The oatmeal cups can be enjoyed immediately, or cooled and frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months. To reheat, microwave for 2 minutes.