Baked Toffee Apples
This recipe for baked toffee apples is a sweet treat that's perfect for fall. Crisp apples are filled in a buttery toffee-apple filling, topped with a pie crust lattice, and baked to golden brown perfection.
for 4 servings
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 apples
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons toffee sauce
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- brown sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- toffee sauce
- Calories 572
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 83g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 41g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C ).
- In a small saucepan, cook the apple, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg over a medium-low heat until softened.
- Cut three thin strips on a chilled sheet of puff pastry.
- Cut two of the strips into four and make a small lattice pattern with them. Repeat to make three more lattices.
- Cut the tops of the apples and scoop out the insides carefully with a melon baller.
- Mix some of the toffee sauce in and fill with the toffee apple mixture.
- Place the lattices on top of each apple and drape the remaining strips around the lattice, cutting off any overhang.
- Place apples in an ovenproof dish, brush the pastry with egg wash and sprinkle over some more brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream and more toffee sauce.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.