85% would make again
Banana Bread On A Stick
featured in Fried Food On A Stick
for 5 servings
- 5 bananas
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for frying
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups flour (185 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- chocolate, melted, for dipping
- caramel sauce, for dipping
- popsicle stick
- Calories 387
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 65g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 26g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Peel the bananas and slice off the tops and bottoms to create a straighter middle section. Save ends for later.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the middle of each banana and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze the bananas until solid, about 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana ends with a fork until smooth.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, oil, and egg. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix again until smooth.
- In a large pot, heat the oil to 325°F (170°C). Place a wire rack inside a baking sheet and line with paper towels.
- Pour the banana bread batter into a tall glass.
- When the oil is hot, dip one of the frozen bananas into the batter until completely covered. Keep the rest of the bananas frozen until ready to fry.
- Fry the bananas, one at a time, until golden brown and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer the fried bananas to the towel-lined rack as they are done.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with melted chocolate and caramel sauce for dipping.