93% would make again
Banana Cream Pie
featured in 18 Tasty Pie Recipes
This classic dessert features a shortcut with storebought pie crust. A luscious banana filling is topped with ripe bananas and pillowy whipped. It's a crowd-pleaser for any occasion, from a casual backyard BBQ to a formal dinner party.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 3.4 oz banana pudding mix (95 g)
- 2 cups milk (480 mL)
- 3 cups unsweetened whipped cream (720 mL)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Calories 263
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 37g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place pie crust in a 9-inch (23 cm) pie dish. With a fork, poke holes all around the bottom of the crust.
- Bake crust in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine banana pudding mix and milk. Whisk vigorously until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Add two thirds of the whipped cream to the bowl and fold in until evenly mixed.
- Remove the crust from the oven and allow to cool. Add a layer of banana slices to cover the bottom of the crust.
- Top the banana layer with the pudding and whipped cream mixture and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Top chilled pie with remaining whipped cream.
- Decorate with left-over banana slices. Slice pie and serve.