94% would make again
Bánh Mì Bowl With Crispy Tofu
featured in Spiralizer Meals 4 Ways
for 2 servings
- 16 oz extra firm tofu (455 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce (120 mL)
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely grated
- 1 large cucumber
- 3 small carrots
- brown rice
- fresh cilantro
- green onion
- red cabbage
- radish, sliced
- fresh mint
- jalapeño, sliced
- Calories 337
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 29g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Wrap tofu in an absorbent towel. Set cast-iron skillet or other heavy object on top for 15-20 minutes to remove extra moisture.
- Unwrap tofu and cut into small cubes. Transfer to a baking sheet and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the tofu is firm to the touch and golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, add soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Spiralize the cucumber and carrots into a large bowl.
- Transfer veggies to a bowl and assemble with tofu, brown rice, cilantro, green onions, red cabbage, radishes, mint, jalapeños, and sauce.