Basil And Pesto Hasselback Chicken
This basil and pesto hasselback chicken is a burst of freshness on your plate! Tender chicken breast is sliced and stuffed with creamy pesto and fresh basil, then roasted to perfection. It's a simple yet flavorful dish that's perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
for 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons red pesto
- 1 handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- Calories 329
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 51g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Slice into the chicken several times, about 1 cm (½ inch) apart, but only cut about 85% of the way through, leaving the bottom intact.
- Cook the red pesto and basil on a medium heat until the basil is just wilted.
- Sprinkle over the mozzarella and stir until melted.
- Allow to cool to the touch, and then fill each segment of the chicken breast with about 1 teaspoon of the mixture.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 18-22 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.