BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
Get ready to take your taste buds on a wild ride with this bold and flavorful BBQ chicken quesadilla. Loaded with juicy chicken, tangy BBQ sauce, and melty cheese, this dish is the ultimate comfort food with a twist.
for 4 servings
- ½ lb chicken breast (225 g), cut into strips
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup BBQ sauce (145 g)
- 2 flour tortillas
- ¼ cup red onion (35 g), julienned
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese (50 g), double for 2 quesadillas
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (50 g), double for 2 quesadillas
- fresh parsley
- BBQ sauce
- Calories 339
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large skillet, add chicken breast and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook 15-18 minutes, flipping halfway and adding the onions when you flip the chicken. (Cooking times may vary depending on thickness of the chicken breast).
- Remove the chicken from the pan and continue to stir onions.
- Shred the chicken while onions are cooking.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pan with the onions. Add the BBQ sauce and stir. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place a tortilla in a pan and add a layer monterey jack and cheddar cheese on half of the tortilla.
- Place cooked chicken and onions, and top with the rest of each cheese. Fold in half and cook 6 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve with extra BBQ sauce and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.