82% would make again
featured in 4 Movie-Night Snack Recipes
If you are looking for an under-30-minute snack, look no further! This BBQ-flavored popcorn is especially great to share with friends and family on a game day.
Inspired by geniuskitchen.com
for 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- ⅓ cup yellow popcorn kernals (55 g)
- Calories 201
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and olive oil. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add 3-4 popcorn kernels and cover with the lid. Once they pop, add the rest of the kernels and cover, shaking every 10 seconds, until they begin pop. Once the pops are more than 3 seconds apart, turn off the heat and let sit for 15 seconds to allow any final kernels to pop.
- Uncover and drizzle the brown sugar mixture over the popcorn. Carefully toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
- Transfer to a bowl and eat immediately, or spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and let cool completely before storing in a sealed container for up to 2 days.