Beer Batter Apple Rings
Savor the delightful crunch of these Beer Batter Apple Rings, a unique twist on a classic treat. This scrumptious snack is perfect for sharing with friends and family, and will have everyone asking for seconds!
for 12 rings
- 1 ¼ cups flour (155 g)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 oz redd's apple ale (355 mL), 1 bottle
- 3 red apples
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (40 g)
- oil, for frying, can be vegetable, canola, or peanut
- Calories 125
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oil in a large pot so it’s at least 4 inches (10 cm) deep. If you have a thermometer, be sure the oil reaches at least 360ºF (185ºC) for frying.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, and Redd’s Apple Ale until smooth.
- Slice off the top and bottom of the apples, and slice each apple into ½-inch (1 cm) thick rounds.
- With a teaspoon or large piping tip, cut out a circle in the center of the apple ring to make it look like a donut.
- With a paper towel, pat down the apple slices.
- Dip the apple slices in the batter.
- Fry them two to three at a time. Flip each apple slice once during frying and fry until both sides are golden brown.
- Carefully remove from the oil and place onto paper towels or a drying rack.
- Cool, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here