Beer-Battered Lobster Tacos
These lobster tacos are the perfect way to shake up your taco game. The crispy beer-battered lobster paired with fresh veggies and tangy lime crema will have your taste buds feeling like they're on a tropical vacation.
for 6 tacos
Beer Battered Lobster
- 1 cup all purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ⅓ cups light beer (320 mL)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Cholula® Hot Sauce
- 1 lb raw lobster meat (425 g), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ½ cups vegetable oil (600 mL), or as needed
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage (100 g)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage (100 g)
- 3 red radishes, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup red onion (45 g), thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (60 g)
- ¼ cup lime juice (60 mL)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 6 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted, sliced into thin half moons
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Cholula® Hot Sauce, for drizzling
- Calories 942
- Fat 84g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the lobster: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. While whisking constantly, add the egg, beer, and Cholula® Hot Sauce and continue whisking until smooth.
- Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat until the temperature reaches 350°F (180°C). Set a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- Working in batches of a few pieces at a time, dip the lobster in the batter until thoroughly coated, then add to the hot oil. Fry, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes, or until the batter is deep golden brown and the lobster is cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the lobster to the wire rack to drain.
- Make the slaw: In a medium bowl, toss together the green and red cabbage, radishes, red onion, mayonnaise, lime juice, and salt until well combined. Season with more salt to taste.
- Assemble the tacos: Place a few slices of avocado on a warm tortilla, then top with 3–4 pieces of fried lobster and about ¼ cup of slaw. Drizzle with Cholula® Hot Sauce and garnish with cilantro.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.