89% would make again
Beer Brat Nachos
featured in 9 Crunchy And Cheesy Nacho Recipes
for 4 servings
- 1 lb bratwurst (455 g)
- 2 cans lager, or pilsner beer
- 1 cup cream cheese (225 g)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (200 g)
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1 bag torilla chip
- ½ cup green onion (50 g), sliced
- ½ cup white onion (75 g), or yellow onions, diced
- ½ cup pickled jalapenos (50 g)
- ½ cup tomato (100 g), diced
- Calories 981
- Fat 77g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 36g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large skillet, brown the bratwurst on both sides over medium high heat.
- Add both cans of beer to the skillet. Simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove bratwurst from skillet and set aside.
- Continuing to simmer beer over medium low, add cream cheese and cheddar cheese to the skillet.
- Stir occasionally until mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Add cayenne and mustard to beer cheese, stirring to incorporate.
- Remove beer cheese from heat.
- Cover a large plate with a layer of tortilla chips. Top with beer cheese.
- Slice bratwurst and arrange over nachos and add desired amount of nacho fixings.
- Repeat with another layer of chips and fixings.