Beet Root Curry Goodness
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 6 servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 medium sized beets, peeled and cut to cubes
- 1 potato, peeled, cut to cubes
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (480 mL)
- 1 cup filtered water (240 mL)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ himalayan salts
- ⅓ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Calories 75
- Fat 1g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot, saute the chopped onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic cloves and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add the minced ginger, and the beets.
- Fry the beets in the pot with the onion for 5 minutes, stirring well.
- Add the water and cook for 20 minutes. The beets will start to soften. Then, add the potato cubes.
- Add the milk and the spices and cook in a covered pot for 20 more minutes.
- Serve with your choice of grain or bread.