78% would make again
for 2 servings
- 3 bulbs beetroot
- 4 ¼ cups oil (1 L), for frying
- salt, to taste
- Start by preparing your beetroot. Wash thoroughly under water and remove the stems and root. Next, peel the beetroot and cut each bulb in half.
- Next, slice your beetroot as thinly as you can. For ease and speed, it is useful to use a food processor with the slicing attachment; if you don’t have one, just do your best to cut the beetroot as thinly as you can.
- Take a baking tray and cover with kitchen paper. Lay out the beetroot slices in one even layer, cover with more kitchen paper, and press down. Dry the beetroot overnight. (If you can’t wait this long, you can remove the kitchen paper and place the beetroot slices into an oven preheated to 210˚F (100˚C) for 15 minutes or until you can see the slices starting to dehydrate.)
- Place a deep saucepan over a medium heat and fill halfway with oil. Preheat the oil to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Once the oil is up to temperature, cook the beetroot in small batches for around 1 minute or until crispy.
- Carefully remove crisps from the oil and drain onto kitchen paper. Season with salt.