for 2 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, optional
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs (115 g), or panko bread crumbs (50 g)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- dipping sauce, of your choice, optional
- Calories 949
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 144g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 43g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Cut the bell peppers carefully around the stem and remove the stem and seeds. Cut the peppers crosswise into ½-inch (1 cm) slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Add the eggs to a separate bowl and whisk. Add the flour to a third bowl.
- Dredge the bell pepper rings in the flour, then the eggs, then finally in the bread crumb mixture, making sure to coat all sides.
- Arrange the bell pepper rings on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.