Berbere Spice Chicken Wings
These chicken wings are perfectly spiced with a blend of berbere, garlic, and ginger for a flavorful kick. They are oven-baked to crispy perfection and make for a delicious appetizer or meal.
for 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 12 chicken drumettes
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Calories 447
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, combine the paprika, salt, cayenne, fenugreek, ginger, onion powder, cardamom, nutmeg, garlic powder, cloves cinnamon, and allspice. Mix well.
- Save two tablespoons of spice mix. Set aside.
- Add the chicken drumettes to the bowl with the spice mixture and toss to coat evenly. Marinate in the fridge at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and cornstarch. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the marinated chicken. Toss them until well-coated.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- Place the chicken on a wire rack set over a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake them for 30-40 minutes or chicken is slightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the reserved 2 tablespoons spice mix and stir to combine.
- Drizzle the spice butter mixture over the drumettes.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.