89% would make again
Berry-Stuffed French Toast For Two
Whip up a romantic breakfast for two with this Berry Stuffed French Toast recipe that's bursting with fruity goodness. You'll fall in love with the sweet, creamy filling and golden-brown crust that'll make your taste buds sing!
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 1 cup raspberry (125 g)
- 1 cup blackberry (125 g)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 tablespoon black raspberry liqueur
- 4 oz cream cheese (115 g), softened
- 4 slices brioche bread
- ½ cup whole milk (120 mL)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons black raspberry liqueur
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Calories 816
- Fat 61g
- Carbs 53g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 42g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the filling: Add the raspberries, blackberries, black raspberry liqueur, and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup to a large bowl. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes for the berries to macerate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and remaining tablespoon of maple syrup until smooth.
- Spread the filling evenly over the 4 slices of bread. Arrange some of the berries on 2 slices of the bread and top with the other slices of bread. Press to seal the pieces together.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the milk, egg, black raspberry liqueur, and salt.
- Melt the butter on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat. Quickly dip both sides of the bread pockets in the milk mixture, then transfer to the pan and fry on each side for about 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the maple syrup and continue beating until the cream holds medium peaks.
- Serve the stuffed French toast with a dollop of maple whipped cream and a scoop of macerated berries with their soaking liquid.