92% would make again
Birthday 'Box' Cake Bottom Cheesecake
featured in 6 Ways To Destroy Your New Year's Resolution
for 10 servings
Birthday Cake Layer
- 1 box birthday cake mix, with additional ingredients according to box instructions
- 32 oz cream cheese (910 g), softened
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- whipped cream, to taste
- sprinkles, to taste
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 530
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 53g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 36g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Prepare cake mix according to the box directions and pour batter into a greased springform pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick will comes out dry when inserted.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Microwave the milk for 90 seconds, then whisk in the gelatin powder.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese mixture and whisk until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the cooled birthday cake and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Pipe whipped cream along the edge of the cake, then follow with sprinkles all over the top.