Black Bean & Corn Burgers
Bite into these scrumptious Black Bean Corn Burgers for a flavor fiesta in your mouth! Packed with protein and veggies, these patties are perfect for a guilt-free, meatless meal that'll leave you craving more.
for 4 servings
- 15 oz black beans (425 g), drained and rinsed
- ½ cup cooked brown rice (100 g), cooked
- 1 cup corn (175 g)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs (40 g)
- canola oil, as needed
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- sliced tomato
- sliced red onion
- sliced avocado
- pico de gallo
- Calories 622
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 85g
- Fiber 17g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, rice, corn, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and egg. Mash well with a potato masher until thoroughly combined. Add the bread crumbs and mix to incorporate.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions and shape into patties.
- Heat a drizzle of canola oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the black bean patties and cook for 4–5 minutes, until golden brown on the bottoms, then flip, top each patty with a slice of pepper Jack, and cook for another 4–5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Place the patties on the toasted buns and top with tomato, red onion, avocado, and pico de gallo. Serve warm.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.