96% would make again
Black Bean Vegetarian Soup
featured in 3 Meals, 1 Snack, $10 Meal Plan
This black bean vegetarian soup is hearty and filling, perfect for any meatless Monday meal. Packed with protein and fiber, this soup will keep you full and satisfied all day long.
May 05, 2023
for 3 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup tomato (200 g), with juice
- 15 oz canned black bean (425 g), 2 cans, drained
- 3 cups water (720 mL)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Calories 244
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and chili powder and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, black beans, water, salt, and pepper and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until slightly chunky, or transfer half of the soup to a blender and puree, then transfer back to the pot.
- Ladle half of the soup into a bowl and garnish with red onion, cilantro, and a lime wedge. Store the remaining soup in the fridge.