Black & White Mille Crepe
featured in 5 Unique Crepe Recipes
Treat yourself to this elegant and visually stunning black and white mille crepe that tastes as good as it looks.
May 04, 2023
81% would make again
for 6 slices
- 12 large eggs
- 4 cups whole milk (980 mL)
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- ⅔ cup butter (150 g), melted
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (310 g)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate powder (40 g)
- whipped topping, to taste
- powdered sugar, for topping
- Have all ingredients at room temperature. Whisk together eggs, milk, and water.
- Add butter, vanilla, and sugar. Sift in flour. Whisk until no clumps remain.
- Strain the crepe batter into two bowls: one for the vanilla crepes, the other for chocolate crepes.
- Sift cocoa powder into one bowl and whisk together.
- Preheat an eight-inch pan over medium heat. Pour ¼ (60ml) cup of batter into the pan, swirl until you have an even crepe.
- Flip after one minute and continue to cook for an additional 30 seconds. Stack crepes and cool to room temp.
- Layer crepes, spreading a thin layer of whipped topping between each layer.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Chill if not serving immediately.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.